Wednesday 15 May 2013

Beauty: Would You Rather. . .

I haven't been up to too much today so I've decided that instead of not posting (boooring), I'm going to hijack this tag from Steph over on Bonjour Belle. Feel free to do it yourself if you're interested!

Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
Mascara and eyeliner are really the only thing I use consistently, though I could care less about lipstick and gloss. I'm more of an eye makeup girl.

Would you rather chop off your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Easy, chop off my hair. . . since I basically already did! I just really hate the feeling of long hair. Something about it seriously weirds me out, and as much as I love my hair, it's not a love dependent on quantity.

Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
I prefer coral as a colour, but I'm not sure it would flatter me as well as pink does. Plus, I love the blush that I have right now (Sonia Kashuk beautifying blush in "Flamingo").

If you had $1000 (I'm not converting from pounds haha) to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Definitely clothes. I don't tend to deviate an awful lot from the few specific makeup products I like, but I really love buying clothes!

Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
Definitely eyeliner as lipstick, even if it had to be traditional liner colour like black or brown. I just couldn't stand the texture of lipstick on my eyelids. That would feel too awful.

Would you rather shop at MAC or Sephora?
Sephora. As much as I love certain products from MAC, Sephora would have (obviously) way more variety. . . and less expensive options.

Would you rather use only one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?
One lip colour. Like I said, I'm an eyeshadow girl.

Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
This question is insane! I'd rather wear summer clothes in winter because I cannot stand being overheated.

Would you rather dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Dark nails! I usually gravitate towards the darkest colours (except for black) in any collection. Lighter colours are much more unusual for me.

Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?
Lip product. Eye makeup girl!

Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or messy bun?
I can't do either of these with my hair haha but I'd pick ponytail.

Would you rather never being able to paint your nails again, or never using lipgloss?
I'm actually not a particularly huge fan of either of these. . . but I guess I'd go with no more nail painting. As problematic as many glosses are, my short hair pretty much makes them a non-issue.

Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all, or Sharpie them in every day?
In the interest of NOT applying a toxic marker to my face daily, I'd go with no eyebrows.

Would you rather live without makeup or without nail polish?
I'd way rather live without nail polish. Even when you take great pride in your nails, there's way less of a chance of people noticing them. That sounds like I'm going for vanity on this one, but I'm just speaking in a practical sense. Most people would likely rather use makeup in a way that makes them feel good about their appearance, and I don't see nails as a big contributor to that.

It's supposed to be fantastic weather here tomorrow, so I'll try to get an OOTD up!

-C
  

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi again! of course we can follow each other, followed you ;)

      Delete
  2. This post made me smile - I think we must be complete opposites when it comes to beauty! Eye make-up isn't my thing, although I'm rarely without eyeliner and mascara... all of my looks are based on my lip colour. So much so that when I go to London this weekend, my shopping list consists of lipsticks and tea!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! haha I guess it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same stuff :) Have a great time in London!!

      Delete
  3. Is nail polish not a type of makeup? I don't know how you could apply lipstick as eyeliner, haha, and it might look like your eyes are bleeding. I'm definitely with you on that one.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows?! haha Ugh, that's true. Another good reason not to put lip products on your eyes!

      Delete
  4. This was fun to read! I'd definitely rather do my makeup and ignore my nails (that happens sometimes anyway...) I love eye shadow and lipstick but I change my shadows all the time and stay loyal to my favorite lipstick. Oh, and I'd definitely spend the $1000 on clothes!!
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post, dear! Lots of curious facts!
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes to make up....I must admit I can be quite bad as I mostly rely on my eyeliner and mascara with transparent lipbalm. On day I need to feel glamorous then I will use red lipstick or lipgloss. Thank you for stopping by at my blog and apologies for the late reply. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend my dear!
    May x
    www.walkinginmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tagged you in the 7 deadly sins of beauty tag questions are on my page

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of your blog and I'm going to do a similar thing with mine. Do you have the theme or where you get the theme from please?
    giochi onlines

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont know about wearing summer clothes in the winter. lol..your gonna freeze to death! At least if you wear winter clothes in the summer you can carry around a jug of ice cold water so you wont get overheated.. BTW I followed you blog! hopefully you can follow back!

    http://askkaymarie.blogspot.com/

    Brightside Beauty Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's true haha or just stay inside with air conditioning maybe! I'll come right over to your blog :)

      Delete
  10. Someone essentially assist to make severely posts I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent task! frags

    ReplyDelete