Sunday 10 June 2012

Embarking on a passage to India

Before anyone gets excited, no, I'm not actually going to India. At least, not right now. My title today refers to the latest novel I've picked up: E.M. Forster's A Passage to India. I've only just started reading it, so I can't comment yet, except that I know it's meant to be quite a good film as well. I've never watched it myself, but I probably will once I've finished reading the book.

The most suitable post to accompany such a title would probably involve something interesting or exotic. Unfortunately, I haven't done anything befitting said descriptions lately, so today we're going to have to settle for "hot" as the unifying adjective between my OOTD and a novel about India. And by hot, I mean that the temperature is extremely warm so I've been keeping my clothing pretty cas (as in casual. . . I'm so lazy I even neglect to spell out a full word). Another notable aspect of my outfit is the prevalence of coral. As I mentioned in my first post, I called my blog "C of Corals" because coral has been my absolute favourite colour for several years now. I figured I ought to start living up to my name, wouldn't you say? I own so many things in this colour. . . it's actually ridiculous. Expect to see this shade again in the not so distant future!
Top: Hollister; Capris: Aeropostale; Flip-flops: Old Navy
Watch: Fossil; Bracelet: present from a friend; Bag: Fossil
What have you all been doing to keep cool? Do you have a go-to colour this season?
-C

8 comments:

  1. i really love e.m. forester -- a room with a view has always been a favorite of mine!
    oscar wilde is hilarious as well -- i believe they are both contemporaries of each other.
    cute little blog, by the way! :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read A Room With a View, but I did see the film. It is really sweet! I have to agree with you on the Oscar Wilde front; "The Importance of Being Earnest" is absolutely hilarious!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A go-to color? Not really. And keeping cool is still a problem, it's sizzlin' hot here in Belgrade and nothing helps. :(
    Oh, well, better that than rain. :)
    I'm following you. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses from Serbia! :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, yeah, keeping cool always seems like a slightly unattainable ideal :) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really loving hot pink and mint green this season! Coral is also such a trendy color this year! Love the posts!! :)

    http://debbieoung.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful choices! Mint green is another of my favs :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I've been really loving hot pink and coral this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so on-board with that! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete