Wednesday 18 July 2012

The KISS principle

The title of this post is not a quotation. I'll give you a second to get over the shock. Aaand we're back. It's actually a nifty little saying I picked up from my father, who, working in the business of advertising and graphic design, is full of such tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. In this case, "KISS" (very unromantically) stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid! It's funny, catchy, and a great reminder that the simplest thing/plan/idea is often the best. I like to think this same idea is one I apply (no pun intended) when putting on makeup or compiling items for an outfit. I try to find pieces that are interesting, but still an organic part of my style.
Top: Monteau via TJMaxx; Necklace: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21; Shoes: Enzo Angiolini via TJMaxx
In today's outfit, I've paired a neutral top with a bright coral (surprise, surprise) skirt. If you'd like to learn more about my love of coral, including the explanation behind my blog's title, please click here! The top is clean and simple with straight lines and little detail, but I absolutely loved it when I saw it. It sort of reminds me of being on safari (not that I've ever been on safari. . . you know what I mean). The skirt is likewise simply cut, but also includes a scalloped hem, which I think is a beautiful feminine touch. The gold of my necklace is picked up in the detail on my sandals, and both include a great piece-y geometric look.

-C

4 comments:

  1. That skirt is so cute, this outfit is completely elegant and understated :)

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the concept of finding pieces that are simple yet "an organic part of my style." I have been all about simplicity this summer, and I find myself going for pieces that are timeless and easy to wear. I am loving the top paired with necklace especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, simplicity is often the best choice for looking stylish and classy, yet natural. Thank you very much for your compliment!

      Delete