Thursday 5 July 2012

You like me, you really like me!

This post's quotation is actually, ironically, a famous misquote of Sally Field's 1984 Oscar acceptance speech. Perhaps one day, people will famously misquote me; I should be so lucky! For now, I'm writing twice today (twice!) because the lovely EleanorGrace has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Her blog is extremely well written and gorgeous to look at (I really dig ribbons) and her nomination pleases me very very much! And now, on with the show!
Hello Oscar!
Tell us how the idea of making a blog popped up and what makes you continue it:
Like many of the bloggers I've encountered, I was originally inspired by watching more than my fair share of YouTube videos. If someone is able to show me that they have style, drive, and a great personality within the space of one video, I'm usually hooked. I'm not much of an on-camera girl myself, but writing has always been a great comfort of mine. I'm an English lit major, so I've invested hours into getting papers done by crunch time, but I found that composing something for fun was an activity I hadn't indulged in for a long long time. Blogging is a fantastic outlet to help me relax and share with likeminded individuals. I really treasure every comment, follower, and even every view my blog gets. Thank you so much!

Describe a usual day in your life:
I'm on summer holiday from university at the moment, and am currently unemployed (ho-hum), so I don't have as regular a schedule as I do from September through April. My days are typically filled with reading (I get through a lot of books!), playing with my English Springer Spaniel, seeing friends, running errands, and watching films (or catching up on "Gilmore Girls"). I am lucky enough to have many intelligent and creative people in my life who make frequent recommendations for my literary and cinematic choices and inspire me to keep up with my blogging. Blogging has become a good friend of mine. It started with me just inviting him in out of the cold, but I find that he hangs around more and more. I spend a great deal of time thinking about and working on my blog (we've switched out of the personification now) and I really do love it. Stumbling across a great new blog is always a fun experience too. The more the merrier; this is really a great community.

The best collaboration with a blogger:
I haven't had the opportunity to embark on one of said collabs yet, but I would certainly jump at the chance!

The worst collaboration with a blogger:
Again, none as of yet, and I think it'd be a little premature to assume a collab would turn out negatively. I love blogging too much to let it get me down, and I love being able to trade ideas back and forth with others. The only potential downside to doing a collab would be not getting enough done because I'd be having way too much fun (which sort of sounds sarcastic, but I don't mean it to be)!

Describe what having a blog means to you:
Having a blog means having my own space. I have a channel for my thoughts to flow. It's a place of my own where I can do what I love to do without the pressure of a deadline or a negative onlooker. Plus, it's easier than keeping a journal! I can record things that I think are important and actually share them with other interested men and women. The ability to connect with people on this level is incredible on its own, but on top of that having people who really care about what I have to say. . . it's truly amazing. Honestly, an opportunity like this is invaluable.

Nominate other bloggers:
Sharna: http://mybeautyandfashionfix.blogspot.ca/ 
Ariel: http://adreamersdaze.blogspot.ca/
Anna: http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/
Jessica: http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.ca/

-C

8 comments:

  1. i totally remember that speech! oh sally! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cool
    I love your blog <3
    Do you want to follow eachother?

    http://www.movieanne.blogspot.com/

    Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for doing this and saying such lovely things! I love ribbons too hahah. Great post :)
    eleanorgrace95.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for passing it along :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the blog award, you have a lovely blog, you deserve it!

    Just found you through Brightside Blog Hop, now following!
    Maybe you could check out my blog too, maybe follow back? I'd be really grateful!

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete